Monday, 25 March 2013

Spring Miniatura

Through dangers untold and hardships unnumbered... sorry slipped into Labyrinth for a moment then... Through snow and ice we braved the weather and drove this weekend to Birmingham for Miniatura. My first one in about 3 years and I was very much looking forward to it - and was quite furious when I awoke to 3ft of snow on Saturday morning here in the Pennines. Erring on the side of caution we called off the journey and I sat by the fire knitting instead. On Sunday however no more snow had fallen and after digging out the car found that most of the main roads were clear enough to drive on.
We got to the NEC in one piece and spent a happy few hours wandering the stalls and buying some gorgeous new minis. In the photo you can see a rustic Tudor bench from Constance Irene; a carpet beater and trellis from C&D Crafts; wooden wand and bundle of herbalist's papers from Ellie de Lacy; herb chopper and dish from Sue & Sandy Eismont, picture frames from Wood Supplies; and the tiniest bronze mouse from Art Forge. I can't remember who made the lovely mushroom-adorned tea pot and canister, but isn't it splendid?
I also bought, perhaps in a fit of temporary insanity, a wisteria kit from The Miniature Garden Centre and the strawberry thief cushion kit from Nicola Mascall. They're both absolutely wonderful but I don't know when, if ever, I'm going to find the time and patience for such fiddly kits! Finally I also came home with an old fashioned guttering kit from Sussex Crafts, because progress WILL resume on my dolls houses!

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you made it to Miniatura in one piece and you picked up some great pieces. It'll be nice to see them all in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward you resume work on your dollhouses. Beautiful your mini shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work is going to resume after Easter - it really is!

    ReplyDelete