Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Drumroll Please...

I hereby present to you a FINISHED* Tanglewood Lodge!





It's been a long time coming but I'm really pleased with how it has turned out. All those evenings staring at the bare MDF structure while nursing my son gave me plenty of time to think and plan and visualise... It looks so different now - the beams have been textured with filler giving them a nice wood-like effect, and I added pegs for a little authentic touch. The walls were painted in 'cord' from Farrow & Ball and given several washes to age them. The roof (oh the roof!) was tiled using shingles from Borcraft Miniatures, with ridge trim from DHE, and then also aged. The spiral chimney is from Romney Miniatures, and I painted it with sandstone effect paint. I remade the front door, which was originally just MDF. Now it is ledged and braced with tiny studs. The hardware is from Sussex Crafts, CA & BA Hooper and Romney Miniatures. Finally the leading on the windows was from Ironworks.


* Well, finished on the outside, anyway. I've some floors and panelling to finish off inside. but that is all!

3 comments:

  1. Oh! I love those doors and windows! It's all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The door is fantastic! I'd like to be able to have something similar when will fulfill my secret garden.

    ReplyDelete