Monday, 16 May 2011

Kensington Dollshouse Festival

Last Friday I had a lovely day in London at the Kensington Dollshouse Festival. I was partly on a fact finding mission regarding decoration for Mooredge Manor, and I'm pleased to find the roof tiles, fireplaces and wallpaper I had picked out all look fantastic in the flesh so I can go ahead and order them. I was also excited to find some really realistic looking leaded glass sheets that I'm going to use on Tanglewood Lodge (I've been using thin strips of electrical tape and it just wasn't working for me!). Other than that my only agenda was shopping, and I've come home with some splendid bits and pieces.


The birdcage is by Lidi Stroud; the folding table, table top easel, artists palette and hand rest from Ellie de Lacy; ceramic jug and washbasin by Elizabeth Causeret, orchid and moneybag from The Little Dollhouse Company; ceramic stag ornament by Janice Crawley; and fireback from CA & BA Hooper. I also got a cupboard furniture kit, some more fabric and a set of really amazing curly window latches and stays (that work!).
Also, it was quite exciting to see Helena Bonham Carter there, buying a house for her faery dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment