Wednesday, 15 December 2010

A Peek At Tanglewood Lodge

I've just thought, although I've mentioned it before I haven't yet shown you a picture of my other house, Tanglewood Lodge.


It is 'The Old Rectory', a limited edition cottage created by The Dolls House Builder for Miniatura's 50th show in 2008. I have number one of fifty, so quick was I off the mark to buy one! It has 4 good sized rooms and a little bit of garden space on the front.
I literally bought it 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, and although I did a bit of work before the bump got too vast, I've only really been working on it recently (in between work and toddler wrangling). So far I've added an inglenook and chimney breast inside, replaced the chimney pot, removed the trim on the roof (a bit too twee for me!), textured and painted the interior walls, and textured and painted the beams and exterior. I've started leading the windows and sticking the roof shingles on. Still to do, I need to remake the doors, give everything a nice weathering, install the lights, add some beams to the interior, lay floorboards and flagstones and landscape the base...hmmm, so not much then!
I'd really like to get this one finished before I fully throw myself into the Manor. I am terrible for starting projects and abandoning them unfinished and I am trying to be focused this time. I'll keep you updated on my progress...

2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous house I've admired often. It has so much character. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing information.Your blog has always been a source of great tips.
    Tanglewood builders
    Tanglewood Construction company

    ReplyDelete