Monday, 18 October 2010

The Lodge Has Landed

'The Lodge', or as it is henceforth known, Mooredge Manor, is here! And very impressive (and somewhat intimidating!) it is... My initial thought was 'Crikey, it's huge'... quickly followed by 'this is going to be a loooooong project'!








Now it has been moved into my office it doesn't look too vast, although I am going to have to get a special table or cupboard with a turntable for it to stand on. It is going to take a very long time to finish however... but that is all part of the fun!
I've been making tentative plans for decoration over the last few months but now I can actually see the rooms I can better visualise what will and won't work so I will be able to start finalising my ideas. The rooms include the big hallway with attic above, kitchen, studio, bathroom, conservatory, drawing room and bedroom.

4 comments:

  1. Bryony, what a wonderful passion! You build houses and hopes all wrapped in dreams. I look forward to seeing progress on this one! Take care, Ren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and look forward to seeing more. I too love the Lodge and hope one day to create something similar. I also love your idea of the magical township. A theme is a great way to make all your houses blend but also give great freedom and character in design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How are you progressing? Would love to hear about this project, what your ideas/themes are, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really slowly sadly!
    I've been concentrating on my real house (well, the one that I live in!), which needs lots of work doing to it too...

    ReplyDelete